-Delivers Doon Mobile Skateboard Park at various locations across the City.
-Assists with the planning of programs and activities relating to skatepark.
-Ensures participants follow all program rules.
-Ensures the safety and enjoyment of participants through communication, monitoring, and enforcements of program and facility rules, and addresses unsafe and unacceptable behaviour
-Assists with the set-up and take down of program equipment.
-Ensures safe use, condition, and storage of equipment.
-Completes site safety checklist.
-Completes records and reports including class attendance, accident/incident reports, damage reports, safety checklist and petty cash forms.
-Provides first aid as require.
-Performs other related duties as assigned.
-Equivalent to partial secondary school education.
-Must have Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification as of June 1, 2014
-Must be willing to obtain a current and satisfactory police reference check-vulnerable sector
-Minimum 3 months of related experience preferred.
-Must be able to lift and carry up to 35lbs
-Must be available for full employment term
Recommended age: minimum of 18
Employment Dates: June 16 – September 8, 2014
Hours a week: 20
Hours of work: 6-10pm*
Wage range: $10.53-$12.24
-Works 20 hours per week (standard work week)
-Not required to work on statutory holidays (July 1, August 5, and Sept 1)
-Must be able to travel to various locations across the City
-Hours of work will change in late July /August due to lighting conditions. Shift will be from 5-9pm
Deadline Date: February 21, 2014 at 11:59 pm
Conditions of Employment
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”: • Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity. • Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.
Contact person for more information, phone number & email:
Dannon Vasey: 519-741-2200 x7603; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the following:
Who will be the hiring manager for this position? Loriann Palubeski: 519-741-2200 x7623