Approved duration 10 months
1) Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
2) Must be willing to successfully complete a medical exam if required.
3) Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
4) Must possess a Grade 12 education.
5) Must be mechanically/electrically inclined and able to repair/calibrate measuring instruments and have ability to problem solve.
6) Must be capable of meeting performance standards by successfully completing classroom and practical competency tests.
7) Must have a valid ‘G’ class driver’s license.
8) Must be capable of communicating effectively, orally and in writing
9) Must be able to operate a computer to track tool inventory and to purchase tools/equipment. Preference will be given to those applicants who have experience with MS Office software
10) Preference will be given to those applicants who have Gas Technician 1 or Pipeline Inspector Certification.
11) Water distribution system knowledge is an asset.