Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Business Systems Project Manager
The Business Systems Project Manager provides project management and business systems analysis services to City of Kitchener business units. Project Management services include managing all phases of the project life cycle; initiation, planning, and execution, controlling and closing phases. Business systems analysis services include facilitating the planning and development of business systems solutions and improvements that align with Corporate and IT business strategies. Develops effective relationships with internal business units, maintains effective and cooperative liaisons with IT, vendors, and other organizations.
- Provide IT Project Management to successfully deliver IT projects.
- Effectively manage risk and project/technology change.
- Facilitate collaborative teams to gather and understand business requirements and design and build technology solutions.
- Act in the capacity of Relationship Manager for the internal partners to lead the development of the strategic technology roadmap that links business needs with enabling technologies.
- Lead internal partners through the IT Governance process to obtain approval and prioritization of the technology projects they request.
- Facilitate the overall design and implementation of the accepted system concept on behalf of the client and project team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a 3 year degree or diploma in computer science, business administration or related discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years experience managing projects.
- Must have experience managing technology hardware and software projects.
- Must have demonstrated effectiveness in business analyis and requirements gathering.
- Must have well developed interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have exceptional communication (written and oral), conflict resolution and public relations skills.
- Must have demonstrated effectiveness in project management.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to travel to various work locations across the City.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in one or more of the following: technology infrastructure, mobile technology, virtual servers, desktop and CRM.
- Preference will be given to candidates with municipal enterprise applications knowledge and experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience applying ITIL concepts to IT processes for continuous improvement.
- Preference will be given to those with a PMP designation or in the process of obtaining PMP (documented).
: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: 2-Year Diploma (or 2 Years in a Specialized Post-Secondary Program) with minimum 7 years’ experience or
4-Year Honours Degree with minimum 2 years’ experience
||Finance and Corporate Services
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am- 4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
|Numbers To Fill
||$77,197- $96,497 per annum.