Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Hiring Now 2013- Chicopee Outreach Program Summer (COPS) Supervisor
- Coordinates and supports a program that builds positive, trusting relationships between youth, police and other emergency service personnel through participation in various community and recreational activities.
- Works with Resource Centre Coordinator and an external committee to coordinate recreation, personal development and mentoring for youth aged 10 to 15.
- Coordinates, promotes, and implements related programs run at the community centre site(s), as well as any joint community and off-site events.
- Participates and leads a variety of activities such as arts, sports, team building games, etc.
- Performs duties to support the program including registration, attendance, evaluations, reports, and monitoring petty cash.
- Coordinates and provides orientation and recognition to Emergency Services, community mentors and community partners as required.
- Coordinates the planning of at least one fundraising event in conjunction with partners.
- Provides backup assistance at front counter as required.
- Ensures the appropriate care and supervision of participants and attends to safety concerns and complaints.
- Provides first aid as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work all program dates: June 12, 13 & 20, July 8-12 & 31, August 12-16, August 26-30 Dates are subject to change based on partners availability
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 diploma.
- Must have a current Standard First Aid certification (CPR, Level C) As of May 23, 2013
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of related experience
- Must have a satisfactory Police Reference Check -Vulnerable Sector Police Check by May 23, 2013
- Must have uninterrupted acces to a reliable vehicle
References will be collected at the interview, please be prepared to provide.
Due to Service Canada funding requirements, applicants must be post-secondary students, 21 to 30 years of age, and returning to school.
Employment Dates: May 23 - August 30 - 2013 as well as limited additional hours in September to complete final report.
Hours a week: Up to 35 hrs/wk ( weekly hours will vary program requirements)
Hours of work: Mon – Friday, Evenings and weekends as needed
Wage range: $12.84 - $14.17
Deadline Date: April 30 – 11:59 p.m.
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.
||Community Programs & Services
||Full Time Temporary
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time