· Must have minimum Grade 12 diploma
· Must have Current Standard First Aid (CPR Level C), and a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector as of June 1, 2013. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
· Must have a minimum of 6 months related experience
· Must have experience working with children with disabilities
· Will be required to enter the pool as part of pool programing participation
Employment Dates: June 19 – August 23, 2013
Hours a week: 40 hours/week
Hours of work: 8:00-4:00 pm
Wage range: $12.84 - $14.17 per hour
Additional Information: No work June 26-28, July 1, August 5.
Deadline Date: February 1, 2013 at 11:59 pm
Contact person for more information, phone number & email: Rita Hoch, 519-741-2200 X 5129 firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.