· Must have minimum Grade 12 diploma
· Must have a minimum of 6 months of related experience
· Must have experience working with children and youth with disabilities
· Must have Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C certification as of June 1, 2013
· Must be willing to obtain a current and satisfactory police reference check – vulnerable sector
· It is recommended that vaccinations are updated and current for the period of employment
· Preference will be given to applicants with a class G driver’s license and who have access to a vehicle for the full duration of employment
· Will be required to enter the pool as part of pool program participation.
Employment Dates: June 10 – August 23, 2013
Hours a week: 28-40 hours/week
Hours of work: 8:30am – 4:30pm (hours vary)
Wage range: $11.70-$12.84 per hour
Additional Information: No work June 24-28, July 1, August 5. The employment period may extend until August 30 if program demands require it. Some evening work required.
Conditions of Employment
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
• Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
• Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.