Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Supervisor of Client Services (Network Systems)
Working within the Information Technology Division, the successful candidate will join the Client Services team to schedule and direct the activities of a team of network specialists to coordinate the design, installation and troubleshooting of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
- Direct supervision of technical network support team: prioritize, schedule and assign work to staff; ensure work adheres to established standards and procedures and is technically sound; conduct regular performance appraisals.
- Develop training plans and schedule staff training for staff.
- Plan and prioritize the timing and delivery of Client Services projects; act as project lead or project manager for IT infrastructure projects.
- Determine when network maintenance is performed ensuring that all maintenance is performed properly and changes made to the network are documented.
- Purchase network equipment and materials to keep projects on time and systems running.
- Provide support to other IT staff and business partners who need help with the technical aspects of computer networks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a 3 year Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- Must have a minimum 4 years industry experience in a large multi-site network environment.
- Must have a minimum 3 years supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to teams and mentor and coach individual team members as needed.
- Must have technical knowledge and experience in Windows 2008/2012 server infrastructure and systems, server virtualization design and implementation (Hyper-V preferred) and Network security principles and technologies such as VPNs, IDS, firewalls, anti-spam & anti-virus solutions and management systems, TCP/IP network design and troubleshooting including wireless technologies,Storage Area Networking (SAN) technology; Backup & recovery systems.
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
Must have excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills .
Must have proven ability to work in a team environment .
Must be self-motivated, capable of working in a dynamic work environment and able to meet deadlines.
Must be willing to work overtime as required.
- Must have a valid “G” class driver’s license in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to travel to various work locations across the City.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, various mobile devices and MDM systems, Exchange Server / Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- PCI compliance knowledge (payment card industry) is considered an asset.
- Industry certifications in Cisco and Microsoft and ITIL, project management are considered assets.
- Security certifications such as (ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, etc. are considered assets.
: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: 2-Year Diploma (or 2 Years in a Specialized Post-Secondary Program) with minimum 7 years’ experience or
4-Year Honours Degree with minimum 2 years’ experience.
||Finance and Corporate Services
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am - 4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$77,197- $96,497 per annum