SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS. ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS COMPETITION…
1. Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
2. Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
3. Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
4. Must have 2 year post-secondary diploma in Law and Security, Protection Security and Investigations or Police Foundations
5. Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience in municipal law enforcement.
6. Must possess full GM Drivers license in good standing.
7. Must have off road trail bike riding experience and successfully pass an on/off road motorcycle riding test as administered by the Human Resources Division.
8. Must be physically capable of lifting a Motorcycle from the ground to an upright position, and capable of driving/walking for an entire shift.
9. Must possess good public relations skills and be able to handle potentially abusive situations.
10. Must have the ability to communicate well and testify in court.
11. Must have knowledge of various Municipal By-Laws such as Noise, Parking, Open-Air Burning, Encroachments, Dumping, Licensing, and Parks By-Law.
12. Must have some knowledge of various provincial statutes such as the Provincial Offences Act, Trespass to Property Act and Liquor License Act.
13. Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently and have the ability to analyze situations with problem solving, negotiating and mediation skills.
14. Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to take clear and concise notes.
15. Must be able to carry and issue tickets using a handheld computer (approx 2 lbs).
16. Must wear a uniform in a neat and professional manner.
17. Must have experience and developed skills in the use of a personal computer, with the ability to use software programs such as: Amanda, OnPoint, Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc., with accurate keyboarding skills.