· Assists the Athletic Coordinator in planning a summer tennis program to meet participant’s skill level.
· Prepares teaching material for tennis camp instructors.
· Participates in any training sessions prior to the commencement of the tennis program.
· Adheres to policies and procedures established for City of Kitchener facilities.
· Supervises program participants, tennis camp instructors, and volunteers.
· Ensures tennis camp manual procedures are followed.
· Demonstrates and instructs assigned activities and techniques using established teaching methodology and procedures; provides feedback to participants.
· Assembles supplies or sports equipment as required.
· Explains and ensures safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of equipment are followed.
· Assists Inclusion Facilitators and other inclusion staff to accommodate children with special needs.
· Interacts with and ensures parents/guardians are informed of participant’s daily activities and over all well-being as required.
· Reports all accidents/incidents and takes the necessary preventative measure to ensure the safety of participants; ensures tennis instructors complete incident/accident report forms.
· Distributes applicable forms and program information (e.g., course evaluation forms, general information, brochures).
· Performs duties to support the program including registration, attendance, evaluations, reports, and handling petty cash.
· Completes an inspection of the tennis court areas at the beginning and end of shift.
· Provides first aid as required.
· Supervision of up to 3 tennis camp instructors
· Alters program activities due to weather etc.
· Communicates minor behavioral issues to participants.
· Consults superiors regarding escalated behavior issues and conflicts as well as situations and difficulties outside of the norm.
· Seeks approval to alter program content and purchase equipment or supplies.
· Occasionally provides guidance and instruction to tennis instructors.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Grade 12 diploma
· Current Tennis Canada Instructor Level certification
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
· Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector
· 1 year related experience
6/16/2014 – 06/27/2014 Pre-planning / Program Development*
06/19/2014 – 06/20/2014 Mandatory Training
07/07/2014 – 08/23/2014 Tennis Camp
Hours a week:
20 hours (Standard work week)
Hours of work:
8:30 – 12:30
· No work on statutory holidays.
· *Pre-planning/ Program development work hours may be increased/decreased based on workload. This can include working from home, off site, or onsite at City Hall.
· Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions.
February 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
Contact person for more information, phone number & email: