· Assists the Athletic Coordinator in planning a summer tennis program to meet participant’s skill level.
· Prepares teaching material for tennis camp instructors.
· Participates in any training sessions prior to the commencement of the tennis program.
· Adheres to policies and procedures established for City of Kitchener facilities.
· Supervises program participants, tennis camp instructors, and volunteers.
· Ensures tennis camp manual procedures are followed.
· Demonstrates and instructs assigned activities and techniques using established teaching methodology and procedures; provides feedback to participants.
· Assembles supplies or sports equipment as required.
· Explains and ensures safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of equipment are followed.
· Assists Inclusion Facilitators and other inclusion staff to accommodate children with special needs.
· Interacts with and ensures parents/guardians are informed of participant’s daily activities and overall well-being as required.
· Reports all accidents/incidents and takes the necessary preventative measure to ensure the safety of participants; ensures tennis instructors complete incident/accident report forms.
· Distributes applicable forms and program information (e.g., course evaluation forms, general information, brochures).
· Performs duties to support the program including registration, attendance, evaluations, reports, and handling petty cash.
· Completes an inspection of the tennis court areas at the beginning and end of shift.
· Provides first aid as required.
· Supervision of up to 3 tennis camp instructors
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Must have a minimum Grade 12 diploma
· Current Tennis Canada Instructor Level certification
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
· Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector
· Must have a minimum 1 year related experience
6/17/2013 – 06/28/2013 Pre-planning / Program Development*
06/19/2013 – 06/20/2013 Mandatory Training
07/02/2013 – 08/23/2013 Tennis Camp
Hours a week:
20 hours (Standard work week)
Hours of work:
8:30 – 12:30
$14.17- $17.00 per hour
· No work on statutory holidays.
· *Pre-planning/ Program development work hours may be increased/decreased based on workload. This can include working from home, off site, or onsite at City Hall.
· Work is performed in a variety of outdoor conditions.
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.