Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Interim Draftsperson (Utilities)
Reporting to the Utility Engineer this position is responsible for drafting natural gas plant and providing engineering assistance to Utilities operations staff, consultants, and the general public.
- Creates and revises drafts required by the department including the production of gas and water construction drawings computer aided drafting techniques.
- Performs record management duties.
- Responds to public and internal gas and water information requests.
- Processes gas service applications.
- Assists with maintenance programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a minimum of 2 year diploma or 2 years in a specialized post-secondary program
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience with computer aided drafting systems (e.g., MicroStation, AutoCAD).
- Must have demonstrated experience with drafting, data collection, and analysis activities.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in the fundamental engineering concepts related to design and construction processes and procedures.
- Proven knowledge of CSA Z662 Code, relevant procedures, practices, and standards, as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proven ability to read, understand, and interpret drawings.
- Proven proficiency in the use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, On-Point, GIS, AutoCAD/MicroStation.
- Experience with CityWorks or other Asset Management software is an asset.
Approximate duration 9 months
||Full Time Temporary
|Hours of Work
||8 am - 4 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$27.96-$34.95 per hour; $50,889-$63, 610 per annum