Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Temporary Labourer (Stores)
- Sources, orders, receives, and verifies shipments of both inventory and non-inventory supplies, equipment, tools and parts.
- Makes arrangements for the return of damaged goods or those that do not conform to purchase specifications.
- Issues inventory to user groups using the SAP inventory system.
- Distributes stock and parts at the counter, in the warehouse, throughout the operations centre, and in the outside compound.
- Receives orders from private contractors, assembles required stock, and issues water heaters for City contracts, and documents through work orders.
- Maintains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for any inventory, as required and distributes to user department if needed.
- Schedules and arranges shipments locally and throughout North America
- Places stock in assigned locations and performs perpetual inventory checks as directed.
- Performs counter and related duties as directed.
- Helps maintain stores area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Is willing to drive a City vehicle to pick up and/or deliver materials as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
- Must be willing to successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must successfully complete required progressional criteria as it relates to this job title.
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 diploma, or successful GATB (General Aptitude Test Battery) and Customer Service testing.
- Must have a minimum of two years stores/stockroom/ inventory experience preferably in automotive parts, natural gas parts, water utility parts, hand tools and/ or safety supplies.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and have a customer service focused attitude.
- Must have a valid MTO class “G” driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be willing to accept periodic transfers to other shifts.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and be willing to obtain certification within 3 months.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. using material handling equipment, as required.
- Must have computer based inventory experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience using SAP purchasing/inventory module
- Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of the City of Kitchener’s accounting practices
Work Term Duration: 26 weeks or from April 2 2013 - September 27 2013
||Finance and Corporate Services
||Full Time Temporary
|Hours of Work
||11:00pm to 7:00am Sunday to Thursday (40 hours)
|Position Start Date
|Position End Date
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Time
|Numbers To Fill
||Kitchener Operations Facility-131 Goodrich Drive
||$20.25 per hour