Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Urban Forest Technologist Temporary
- Plan and manage City's street trees including but not limited to the work associated with the impact of Emerald Ash Borer.
- Identify and assess urban trees in all seasons.
- Works with and provides information and direction to the public and other City departments on road reconstruction projects.
- Creates tree management plans for inclusion in Engineering construction tenders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a minimum 3 year degree or diploma in Forestry or related field (e.g. Ecosystem Management, Environmental Technician).
- Must hold a ISA Certification Arborist designation.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience in urban forestry or natural resource management.
- Must have strong identification (dendrology) and diagnostic skills (entomology, pathology, tree assessment), with the ability to assess trees in all seasons.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to organize work activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with the general public about trees, in an effective manner.
- Must have experience in the development of street tree management plans and the preparation of drawings and specifications for contracts for tendered projects.
- Must be willing to work in a variety of weather conditions typical of a city environment throughout the year on City streets, parks and natural areas.
- Must have proven computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Must have experience in GIS and data collection in a natural resources context.
- Must have a valid MTO Class “G” Driver's license in good standing.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle for work use.
Approved duration 14 months
||Full Time Temporary
|Hours of Work
||Mon - Fri
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
||$31.34-$39.18 per hour; $57,042-$71,304 per annum