Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Senior Business Development Officer
||FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Analyze industry related research for creating clusters for Education and Knowledge, Health Sciences, Arts and Culture, Manufacturing, Technology, and Digital Media within Kitchener, especially as it pertains to the downtown core, taking viability into consideration at all times.
• Assist in the development and implementation of strategic plan for development and advancement of new economy clusters.
• Identify opportunities for niche market development in downtown or industrial zones.
• Work in conjunction with Adaptive Reuse team to promote/market/sell adaptive reuse /brownfield properties within the city of Kitchener.
• Work in conjunction with Downtown Manager to promote/market/sell downtown and inner city properties and aggressively market and sell downtown product.
• Resource to division regarding complex matters relating to development of land/business expansion and adaptive re-use sites.
• Respond to business inquiries concerning new or expanding industrial, office and commercial opportunities.
• Preparation of comprehensive, detailed customized client information packages that address each individual need to attract companies to Kitchener.
• Maintain prospectus of clients with intention of attracting investment to City of Kitchener ie. business owners, realtors, developers, prospect generators, senior government officials, bankers, investors, accounting/law firms.
• Facilitate meetings between client and local Realtors/Developers for purpose of securing investment.
• Meet with Foreign Trade Diplomats, Provincial Staff and other export agencies to enhance global trade and local investment. Coordinate Delegation/Familiarization Tours for Investment Attraction in absence of Director/Executive Director.
• Meet with Presidents and CEO’s of local business to facilitate business expansion and other issues as they relate to Business Development.
• Attend seminars, tradeshows and other economic development oriented meetings.
• Liaise and consult with upper-tier governments, non-government agencies, community organizations and associations on matters pertaining to research, policy, municipal initiatives, funding, program delivery, and various economic development initiatives e.g., CTT, Communitech, MEDT.
• Coordinate business attraction and retention events with Regional partners, as required.
• Prepare reports to council for various issues relating to Business Development.
• Representation at meetings on behalf of Director of Business Development/Executive Director, as required.
• Undertake special projects as assigned by the Director and/or Executive Director, Econ. Dev.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
||SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS. ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS COMPETITION…
1. Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
2. Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
3. Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
4. Must have a four year honors degree in business, economics, planning, geography or a related field.
5. Must have a minimum 4 years business development/sales experience with an understanding of marketing, land development, business retention, assessment, clusters, strategic alliances and the technology community.
6. Must have proven strengths in event coordination.
7. Must have proven ability to perform as a team player and build effective relationships with business leaders, prospect generators, investors, government officials as well as community partners.
8. Must have superior client services skills to meet expected service levels including efficient follow through on all inquiries.
9. Must be able to implement strategies and work independently.
10. Must have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
11. Must possess tact, diplomacy, creativity and excellent organizational skills.
12. Must have computer experience e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
13. Must possess a valid M.T.O. full class ‘G’ driver’s license and personal vehicle and be able to travel, as required.
14. Must be willing to work overtime and/or irregular hours, as required.
15. Preference will be given to those candidates with business development/sales experience and at least three years of direct economic development experience.
16. Further preference given to candidates possessing knowledge of municipal government and business approval systems and procedures along with eligibility for certification by the Economic Development Association of Canada.
|Hours of Work
||HOURS OF WORK: MONDAY – FRIDAY: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
||$66,982 - $83,730 Per annum