Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||By-Law Enforcement Officer (Noise, Parking, Trails)
• Patrol city streets and parking lots and issue parking infraction notices • Enforce other City By-Laws relating to Open-Air Burning, Fire-Works, Dumping, Encroachments and Licensing By-Laws • Assist Property Standards and Licensing officers gather evidence for Zoning, Property Standards and Licensing investigations • Respond to noise and other City of Kitchener by-law complaints using mediation where appropriate and/or issuing parking tickets and provincial offence notices • Prepare paper work for parking ticket and Provincial Offence Notice charges and attend court as a witness • Provide general direction to the public • Performs other related duties as assigned • Potential duties may include the trail bike program (Valid G & M Licence is required). Duties may involve patrolling parks and trails enforcing the Parks By Law
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Must have a 2 year post secondary diploma in Law and Security, Protection Security and Investigations or Police Foundations
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience in Law Enforcement
- Must be familiar with police dispatch and radio protocol and able to assess situations
- Must be willing to obtain the Environmental Noise Certification certificate
- Must have a valid Class G driver’s license in good standing
- Must be trained in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to carry and issue tickets using a handheld computer (approx. weight 2 .lbs)
- Must be physically fit and able to walk and drive for an entire shift
- Must possess good public relations skills and be able to handle potentially abusive situations
- Must have the ability to communicate well and testify in court
- Must wear a uniform
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently and have the ability to analyze situations with problem solving, negotiating and mediation skills
- Must have an understanding of various Municipal By-Laws such as Noise, Parking, Open-Air Burning, Towing, Encroachments and Dumping
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to take clear and concise notes
- Must have experience and developed skills in the use of a personal computer, with the ability to use software programs such as: AMANDA, OnPoint, Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc., with accurate keyboarding skills
- Preference may be given to applicants with a full G & M license
Please note: Shifts will be assigned to either Parking or Noise as needed.
Parking ( $23.78- $29.73 per hour) Noise ($31.34- $39.17 per hour)
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Hours of Work
||Rotating shifts- 7 days a week
|Posting Added Date