Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Project Assistant (Planning) 3 months
The position will be tasked with preparing a series of graphic communication products, including a digital 3D massing model, representative of the existing conditions of specified built up areas of the City. The locations and extent of the digital modeling work and associated graphic communication products will be dependent upon priorities established by the Planning Around Rapid Transit Stations Planning Leads Group within the Planning Division. These graphic communication products will be essential resources for future stakeholder and public consultation, to help participants gain better understanding of scale, massing and relationships among sites in our built environment through visualization.
- conducts and documents an inventory of existing conditions through field work, research, and evaluation of plans and GIS data
- Prepares materials, including digital 3D models, renderings and graphics for inclusion in the Planning Around Rapid Transit Stations project. This may include materials that ultimately are used in staff reports to Council, communication materials for the public and other possible audiences/applications
- Creates, conducts, documents and analyzes field information
- Compiles and maintains an inventory of photos and graphics of existing conditions in specified study areas
- Other duties as required
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of University or College in a field related to Urban Planning, Urban Design or Architecture.
- Must have 1 year of related experience
- Must have successfully completed a course in urban design, architecture or related course.
- Must be proficient in the use of Google Sketchup with preference for additional experience with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- GIS software
- Demonstrated knowledge in advanced graphic communication, mapping and visualization
- Demonstrated knowledge of architecture; ability to recognize, describe and document building typologies and architectural features
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with Planning Act applications; experience in reviewing/interpreting scaled plan drawings and elevations
- Previous work experience preferably in a capacity relating to land use planning, architecture or urban design would be considered an asset
- Proven verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Applicant may be asked to provide a portfolio of work to demonstrate their relevant experience and skills
||Full Time Temporary
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
||$ 25.72 -32.16 per hour