1. Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
2. Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
3. Must have a minimum 2 year diploma or 2 years in a specialized post-secondary program in Human Resources, Business, Communications or a related field. Courses in technical and report writing preferred.
4. Must have a minimum 1 year experience in a related field.
5. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must have experience conducting interviews.
7. Must have highly developed organizational skills with an attention to detail.
8. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to work well in a team environment.
9. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel with excellent keyboard skills.
10. Must have the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
11. Must have ability to gather and synthesize information in order to write accurate job descriptions.
12. Must have research, reasoning, analytical, and problem solving skills in order to maintain tracking systems; formulate and pose questions which garner accurate job description information; analyze jobs; and identify anomalous information within a draft job description.
13. Must have communication, human relations, and facilitation skills in order to explain processes; collect information through interviews and observation; write clear, concise documentation; and to tactfully identify, follow-up on, and resolve differences between incumbents and supervisors.
14. Must have a practical understanding of job evaluation systems and the relevance of job description comparability and relationships.
15. Preference will be given to candidates with related experience in a Human Resources environment.