Assists aquatic staff in the delivery of aquatic programs and ensures a safe aquatic environment and waterslide.
- Assists aquatic staff in the delivery of aquatic programs.
- Ensures a safe aquatic environment for wading pool and waterslide through supervision, accident prevention, and public education.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant legislation and Policy and Procedures manuals.
- Takes appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Assists with minor First Aid as required.
- Assists with the completion of paperwork.
- Informs patrons of policies related to entry onto deck area.
- Assists with special events.
- Conducts routine change room checks.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
All Applicants for the Aquatic Assistant are required to have the following:
- Must have current Bronze Cross.
- Must have current Red Cross Assistant Water Safety Instructor certification.
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification.
- Must maintain fitness level and certification in accordance to Lifesaving Society standard.
Please note: Current copies of all certifications listed above must be attached to the application submission