Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Truck & Coach Technician (3 Vacancies)
- Perform related repairs and maintenance to The City of Kitchener fleet of heavy, medium and light duty equipment and vehicles.
- Perform Ministry Legislated and Corporate initiated inspections.
- Document work activities in an automated Fleet Management System (FLINT).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
- Must be willing to successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 education.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of current motive power repair, fabrication and operating experience.
- Must hold a valid MTO Class “G” license in good standing.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a valid MTO Class “DZ” driver’s license as required for the position within 6 months of employment (at your own expense).
- Must have previous work experience in a mechanical area and must be mechanically inclined.
- Must have the ability to participate as an effective team member.
- Must have satisfactory knowledge in safety legislation and work procedures as it applies to the field.
- Must have demonstrated relevant work experience related to the applied position.
- Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario Ministry of College and Universities as a Truck Coach Technician (310T) and Automotive Service Technician (310S).
- Candidates holding 1 of the certificates noted above may be considered provided they are able to obtain the other required certificate within an acceptable timeframe.
- Must possess all hand tools applicable to the trade.
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess additional related certificates pertinent to the Motive Power trades such as Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (310H), natural gas, propane, etc..
||Full Time Permanent
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||Kitchener Operations Facility
||$27.46 to $29.58 per hour