Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Hiring Now 2013 - Playground Leader
Each summer the City of Kitchener offers a dynamic, neighbourhood based opportunity for children to grow and enjoy the wonders of summer through our Summer Playground program. City of Kitchener staff deliver a community focused program that provides an exciting daytime environment for children ages 3 to 12.
- Plans, organizes, implements playground activities that may include games, crafts, activities, special events, singing, storytelling, and drama.
- Purchases program supplies.
- Ensures participants follow all program rules.
- Adheres to the rules, guidelines, and procedures outlined in program reference manual and training materials, including guidelines regarding staff uniform policy.
- Ensures the safety and enjoyment of participants through communication, monitoring, and enforcement of program and facility rules, and addresses unsafe and unacceptable behavior.
- Inspects the playground daily (grounds, building, play equipment). Reports any issues to supervisor immediately.
- Cleans play equipment if necessary. Ensures safe use, condition, and storage of equipment.
- Provides feedback to parents/caregivers.
- Completes records and reports including class attendance, accident/incident reports, damage reports, safety checklist, and petty cash forms.
- Distributes and collects applicable forms (e.g., parent permission forms).
- Provides first aid as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must have minimum Equivalent to partial secondary school education.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification.
- Satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Minimum 3 months of related experience
Employment Dates: July 2-August 28, 2014
Hours a week: 32.5
Hours of work: 8:30-4:00, 9:00-4:30 (may vary)
Wage range: $10.53-$12.24
- Works in a variety of outdoor conditions.
- Not required to work on statutory holidays (July 1/August 5)
- Must be able to attend ALL evening and weekend training sessions
- References will be collected at the time of an offer to interview/at the interview
Deadline Date: Feb. 241, 2013 (11:59pm)
Conditions of Employment (December 2013)
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory and current Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. A police reference check must be dated NO EARLIER THEN the job posting deadline. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.
||Full Time Temporary
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$10.53 to $12.24 per hour