-Delivers youth recreational and/or social programs.
-Assists with the planning of programs and activities
-Participates in and leads various youth activities such as sports, arts and crafts, cooking, etc.
-Ensures participants follow all program expectations.
-Ensures the safety and enjoyment of participants through communication, monitoring, and enforcements of program and facility rules, and addresses unsafe and unacceptable behaviours, or refers to supervisor as appropriate.
-Assists with the set-up and take down of program equipment and supplies.
-Ensures safe use, condition, and storage of equipment. Reports any issues to supervisor immediately.
-Completes records and reports including program attendance, accident/incident reports, damage reports, safety checklist and petty cash forms.
-Provides first aid as required.
-Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum equivalent to partial secondary school education.
- Must have Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification as of June 17, 2013.
- Must have a satisfactory police reference check-vulnerable sector, as of June 17, 2013.
- Must have a minimum 3 months of related experience preferred.
Recommended age: 18 or older
Employment Dates: June 17 - August 16, 2013
Hours a week: 20 hours/ week
Hours of work: 6-10pm
Wage range: $10.53-$12.24
- Not required to work on statutory holidays (July 1/August 5)
- Must be available for full employment term
- References will be collected at the at the interview
Conditions of Employment
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.