The Cities of Kitchener and Waterloo are committed to the inclusion of children and youth with disabilities in municipal summer recreation programs. Through the Every Kid Counts program children and youth with physical, developmental and/or emotional/behavioural needs receive support from inclusion facilitators to assist with their participation at municipal summer recreation programs.
Provides one on one support to children and youth with physical, developmental and/or emotional/ behavioral disabilities following established procedures and accommodation plans.
· Provides program behavior management interventions and suggestions.
· Assists program participants with physical assistance and personal care.
· Administers authorized medication to participants, noting details on appropriate form.
· Provides feedback to participants and parents/caregivers.
· Monitors program participants and ensures safe practices.
· Completes forms and reports including accident/incident reports.
· Provides first aid as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must have minimum Grade 12 diploma
· Must have a minimum of 6 months of related experience
· Must have experience working with children and youth with disabilities
· Must have Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C certification as of June 1, 2014
· Must be willing to obtain a current and satisfactory police reference check – vulnerable sector
· It is recommended that vaccinations are updated and current for the period of employment
· Preference will be given to applicants with a class G driver’s license and who have access to a vehicle for the full duration of employment
· Will be required to enter the pool as part of pool program participation.
· Ability to lift 35 pounds unassisted.
Employment Dates: June 9 – August 22, 2014
Hours a week: 28-40 hours/week
Hours of work: 8:30am – 4:30pm (hours vary)
Wage range: $11.70-$12.84 per hour
Additional Information: No work June 23-27, July 1, August 4. The employment period may extend until August 29 if program demands require it. Some evening work required.