Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Business Analyst (Utilities)
Reporting to the Utility Engineer as the Business Analyst you will be responsible for assessing business needs for the purposes of identifying business solutions and supporting the implementation of gas and water related capital and operating software programs.
- Works with project stakeholders to implement a new gas meter, water meter, gas regulator/relief & hot water heater inventory system.
- Examines the gas pressure alarm system (Mercury Instruments and AutoSOL) with a focus on system improvement.
- Assesses, improves and documents maintenance and testing processes.
- Researches, recommends and plans the implementation of a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) required for the natural gas distribution system; a ticket management system for utility locate request; and, a mobile solution for utilities field staff.
- Liaises with stakeholders to define business objectives, processes and system requirements to support a sustainable business system solution.
- Participate in the preparation of RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports and other documentation.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures.
- Reports recommendations in business systems across the Utilities Division.
- Create systems proposals, models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide recommendations to project stakeholders.
- Coordinate and perform system tests, including end-user reviews, for post-implementation support.
- Provide training to users of applicable systems.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- 3 year degree or diploma in a related field (e.g. Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business).
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in business applications development and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience developing business requirements documents, functional specifications, test cases and test plans.
- Demonstrated project management experience with a focus on software and hardware solutions.
- Proven facilitation, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Tool Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge of requirements documentation methodologies.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system integration would be an asset.
Approximate duration 12 months
||Full Time Temporary
|Hours of Work
||8 am - 4 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$ 57,042 - $71,304 per annum