-Plans, organizes and leads activities at the Doon Mobile Skatepark.
-Coordinates and supervises the skatepark at various locations across Kitchener.
-Provides support to Doon Skatium Leaders including feedback, addressing minor performances issues
-Performs tasks to support the program including budgeting, participant statistics and evaluations.
-Ensures participants follow all program rules.
-Ensures the safety of participants through communication, monitoring and enforcing of program rules, and addresses unsafe and unacceptable behaviour
-Assists with the set-up and take down of program equipment and ensure that equipment and supplies are available and in working order.
-Ensures safe use, condition, availability and storage of equipment.
-Completes related paper work and administrative tasks to support program.
-Provides first aid as required.
-Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 diploma.
- Must have Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification
- Must have a satisfactory Police Reference Check-Vulnerable Sector
- Must have minimum 6 months of related experience
Recommended age: minimum of 18
Employment Dates: June 10 – September 6, 2013
Hours a week: 21
Hours of work: 6-10pm (*Tuesdays 6-11pm)
Wage range: $12.84-$14.17 per hour
- Works 21 hours per week (standard work week)
- Not required to work on statutory holidays (July 1/August 5)
- Must be able to life and carry up to 35lbs
- Hours of work may change to 5-9pm in August
- Must be available for full employment term
- Must be able to travel to various work locations across the City
Deadline Date: February 1, 2013 at 11:59 pm
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.