Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
BFI Constructors Ltd. (BFI) supplies labour consisting of superintendents, foremen and various tradespeople to large industrial and heavy civil construction projects across Western Canada. Projects BFI works on include oil refineries, potash and hard-rock mines, power generating stations, pumping stations, electricity transmission lines, petrochemical plants, and oil sands facilities.
BFI’s key strengths are extensive experience, a long track record of productive labour relations, proven negotiating skills, a high-quality workforce, an experienced management team and a superb safety track record over many years of operation.
||BFI - Journeyman Insulator
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools.
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping, and other application and installation methods.
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists.
- Install vapour barriers.
- Apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces.
- Remove asbestos or urea-formaldehyde insulation from buildings when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college, or industry courses in insulating is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for insulators (heat and frost) is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified insulators (heat and frost) upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Rate is as per the Collective Agreement at $35.36 (less statutory deductions).
|Skills & Experince