ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives Surehire notifications and updates on project spreadsheets, audits project spreadsheets to ensure Surehire notifications have not been missed and are current, pay invoices bi-weekly and rectify any outstanding or errors with invoices produced.
• Complete hire on package full cycle by receiving all incoming hire on packages, complete the hire on checklist to ensure documents are received and are accurate, submit to payroll for processing, receive employee numbers and file package in employee personnel file
• System Administrator in Hiredesk to develop, update or remove templates as required by LR team
• Supports the Saskatchewan Labour Relations team with day to day administrative tasks
• Maintain filing system to ensure documents are filed accordingly, are well organized in a logical and effective manner and files are up to date and current.
• Screen incoming correspondence, draft responses, or respond directly on routine matters providing exceptional customer service; if escalation is required to contact the LR Manager or LR Advisor for guidance and discuss alternatives on path forward.
• Maintain appointment schedules and calendar bookings and schedule Saskatchewan meetings and coordinate meeting materials in correspondence with the LR Coordinator.
• Assumes complete responsibility in booking travel and accommodations for Saskatchewan LR team and handle all logistics matters as required
• Uses word processing, spreadsheets, databases and/or presentation software to prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents as required.
• Organizes labour companies business, training and social events and arranges labour companies meetings/lunches on and off-site
• Manage Labour Relations Manager’s expenses submitting to Accounts Payable in a timely manner
• In charge of submitting and helping prepare weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports as required, this includes monthly aboriginal reporting.
• Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties in support of Labour Relations/Human Resources, this includes helping to post job advertisements for LMO’s and completing the LMO’s as required.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & TRAINING NEEDS
• Completion of relevant training/education in Office Administration and/or Labour Relations/Human Resources
• At least 1-3 years related work experience providing administrative support
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and e-mail (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and MS Outlook)
• Proven organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities
• Professional demeanor
• High level of organizational skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
• Accurate and detail oriented