Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
BFI Constructors Ltd. (BFI) supplies labour consisting of superintendents, foremen and various tradespeople to large industrial and heavy civil construction projects across Western Canada. Projects BFI works on include oil refineries, potash and hard-rock mines, power generating stations, pumping stations, electricity transmission lines, petrochemical plants, and oil sands facilities.
BFI’s key strengths are extensive experience, a long track record of productive labour relations, proven negotiating skills, a high-quality workforce, an experienced management team and a superb safety track record over many years of operation.
Boundary Dam, Estevan, SK.
- 1 JApprentice Boilermaker
- Must be Rigger, all lifts to complete are large lifts
- Must have CSTS, R&R certificate
- Must wear longs sleeves and CSA approved steel toe boots
Shift Schedule: 5 days/week, 10 hours/day
Start Time: 7:00AM
Wage: As per the collective agreement (Local 555)
||BFI - Apprentice Boilermaker
Main dutiesBoilermakers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Read blueprints or specifications to plan sequence of operation
- Lay out plate, sheet steel or other heavy metal and mark bending and cutting lines on work piece using protractors, compasses and drawing instruments or templates
- Set up and operate heavy-metal working machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters and drill presses to cut, shape and form metal into parts or sections
- Fit and weld metal parts or sections together to fabricate boilers, vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, piping and other heavy-metal products
- Erect and install boilers and other heavy-metal products according to specifications using hand and power tools
- Repair and perform maintenance work on boilers and other heavy-metal products
- Direct activities of hoist or crane operators and other workers during fabrication, assembly, installation or repair of structures
- Test finished structures using a variety of methods.Boilermakers may specialize in rigging and hoisting, preparation and layout, or welding aspects of the trade.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Active Apprenticeship through Alberta Industry Training (AIT)