About Journal Communications
Journal Communications, Inc., headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was founded in 1882. We are a diversified media company with operations in publishing, radio and television broadcasting, interactive media and printing services.
We publish the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, which serves as the only major daily newspaper for the Milwaukee metropolitan area, and Journal Community Publishing Group which publishes a number of community newspapers, websites and niche products in Wisconsin.. Through Journal Broadcast Group, we own and operate 35 radio stations and 15 television stations in 12 states and operate an additional television station under a local marketing agreement. Our interactive media assets build on our strong publishing and broadcasting brands.
For more information please visit www.journalcommunications.com.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||End User Services Analyst
The EUS Analyst’s role is to ensure properly authorized access to and function of computer applications and data so that end users can accomplish their authorized business tasks. This may include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests for assistance. This may involve the use of diagnostic and request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at various levels through out the Information Technology network. The EUS Analyst is also responsible for diagnosing problems based on his or her findings, and will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify and resolve malfunctions in effort of system or network recovery.
- Configure application software that will be deployed to business units to execute either as a silent administrative installation or a SMS package build. The software will be added to the EUS application repository and the configuration profile matrix.
- Document all tasks necessary to install application software or application interfaces either locally or via a packaged build. Post all application installation documentation to the EUS documentation repository.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date inventory of all workstation hardware. Hardware assets should be logged by build type and vendor serial number.
- Build baseline operating system images and configure model installations using deployment tools. Post all foundational images to the EUS image repository.
- Build departmental operating system images based off of the foundational images. Configure workstations for deployment based upon the departmental image and the application configuration profile.
- Resolve all hardware based workstation or laptop issues and document incidents. Where necessary work with hardware support vendors to replace equipment that is under warranty. Update and close service request tickets under the defined SLA and update the customer when closure has been determined.
- Resolve all software based workstation or laptop issues and document incidents in ticketing system. When necessary work with IT network engineers or developers to help remediate software or interface issues. Update and close service request tickets under the defined SLA and update the customer when closure has been determined.
- Assist customers with password or account lockout issues. Reset accounts using the defined IT policies. Update and close service request tickets under the defined SLA and update the customer when closure has been determined.
- Assist customers with the check out and return of pooled loaner equipment. Carefully track the state of all IT assets and who the equipment was loaned out to. Update and maintain all loaner equipment to the latest application and operation system patches and service packs.
- Perform moving of computer equipment and phones to different locations due to employee reassignments.
It is the policy of Journal Communications that all persons regardless of age, sex, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap will be judged solely on their qualifications in employment matters that include but are limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, and termination. We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.