Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Intermediate/Senior Controls Specialist
JMP Engineering runs on the skill and expertise of Controls Specialist. They are responsible for virtually all of the technical work with respect to projects and service provided to customers.
The role of Controls Specialists comes with a variety of different responsibilities and options to pursue many career paths.
- Create, design and implement outstanding controls systems solutions for industry
- Interface with customers and provide service and support on any automation projects that are fall under our scope of responsibility
- Provide value added in the areas of project management and business development
- Working on various stages of automation and control projects AutoCAD PLC Programming HMI Design SCADA Systems Commissioning Troubleshooting/Testing/Debug
- Attending to field service and emergency calls
- Participating in customer meetings from a technical perspective
- Participate in planning sessions that will identify industry business drivers and trends that will serve as the basis for developing key offerings to our clients
- Managing portions of projects as assigned: assist with quoting materials ordering budgeting other general project management responsibilities
- Accountable for individual performance goals that will be determined with your manager on an annual basis
- An Electrical/Mechanical/Computer Engineer or Technologist
- Minimum 3-5+ years of experience with:
Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Knowledgeable regarding a specific industry or manufacturing process: automotive, food & beverage, pharamaceutical, metal processing, oil & gas, cement, flexible manufacturing
- A proven self starter
- Motivated by challenges
- Strong project management ability and knowledge
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated & passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
||JMP is a high technology company focused on providing the worlds' top manufacturers and producers with leading edge automation, control and information solutions. We provide an accelerated learning environment and a collaborative culture that together enable people to reach their maximum potential. We are dynamic, fast-paced and the opportunities for both professional and personal growth are ever growing.
If you had cereal for breakfast, drove to work, pumped fuel in your car, enjoyed a chocolate bar, potato chip or brownie, had your child vaccinated, opened a package, relaxed with a cool beverage, visited an aquarium or screamed down a waterslide, you’ve likely encountered a product manufactured in part with a JMP solution!