Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||1. OVERVIEW CONTEXT
At JMP Engineering we design and integrate world-class automation, control and information system solutions for industry. Our clients trust our expertise and we continue to prove that we do what we say we will do, the right way, every time all the time.
With offices in Canada and the U.S.; a dedicated team of highly skilled and motivated engineers and technologists; superb brand recognition; and a solid, focused strategic management team and plan - It is no wonder that so many companies have selected JMP Engineering as their preferred systems integrator.
The role of Manufacturing Information Systems Solutions Architect will play a key role as part of the Centre of Excellence group, with responsibilities to all regions of the company. This is a vital role in the development of the overall Information/MES solution architecture for our customers.
Successful candidates will be involved in every stage of the systems development life cycle primarily focused on consultancy and assessment, requirement gathering and specification, solution architecting, change management and testing.
The Manufacturing Information Systems Solutions Architect role is perfectly suited for those who have excellent conceptual thinking as well as people skills and who are seeking an exciting career in a growing organization.
• Involvement in pre-sales support, develop overall solution architecture, requirements specification and system design, as well as construction and implementation
• Perform gap analysis and determine best approach to address the gap
• Acting as functional lead on a variety of projects
• Facilitate functional re-use in solution architecting
• Responsible for maintaining deep domain specific knowledge of Information/MES solution architectures available in the manufacturing software space
• Responsible for hands-on architecture and implementation of GE Proficy applications, including Historian, Plant Applications, Workflow and Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI)
• Building crucial relationships with key global partners within the manufacturing software scope of responsibility
• Participating in strategy determination with team leadership and global partners in order to promote the adoption of partner product suite globally
Information Knowledge Community
• Provide learning and mentoring to others across JMP
• Continually contributing to the development and improvement of Information systems
• Accountable for individual performance goals that will be determined with your manager on an annual basis
||4. PROGRESSION/ SUCCESSION OPTIONS
• Ability to share and communicate ideas both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group
• Experience on multiple hardware and software environments and be comfortable with complex heterogeneous system environments
• A significant amount of experience in the manufacturing software arena, particularly using software that can be described as manufacturing execution systems and/or production management systems
• Experience in areas such as requirements specification, architecting solutions, system analysis and design
• Experience with database software as well as integration between enterprise applications and plant floor applications
• Experience with database software such as SQL Server and/or Oracle
• Experience with integration between enterprise applications and plant floor applications
• Solid experience using software provided by any or all of the following vendors: GE, Rockwell, Siemens, Microsoft
• Familiar with application development methodologies, techniques and standards, configuration management, middleware, networking and communication, and hardware configuration
• Microsoft .NET framework development experience an asset