Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||Technical Writer (Intern)
||The intern Technical Writer will assist the team with updating documentation, primarily in the form of web-based online help. Our web-based help is built in to our product, and is designed to assist users in completing their day-to-day financial and accounting tasks, such as generating an invoice or creating a Profit & Loss report.
As an entry-level position in a startup environment, this internship provides lots of opportunity to develop your skills and experience. You’ll use our authoring tool, MadCap Flare, to perform basic editing tasks to start, with advancement to higher-level tasks as product and tool experience grows.
This position is on-site, for a minimum of 15 hours a week and a maximum of 20 hours. Hours are flexible, but the majority of work must occur during normal business hours of 8:30 to 5pm. The expected internship length is 6 to 9 months, depending on skills and performance.
||• Assist the help team by completing specific topic restructuring projects. Work will be done using MadCap Flare and our own internal online help tool. As projects are completed, graduate to higher-level tasks, such as writing original material.
• Collaborate with the help team to understand the tasks, goals, and details of each project. Ask questions!
• Keep track of your progress and areas where additional investigation or work needs to be done.
||• Minimum of 2 years college, in English or Technical Communications program
• Experience using word processing and other publishing tools
• Familiarity with hyperlinks and basic tagging systems, such as HTML or XML
• Well-honed writing skills and proficiency in punctuation and grammar
• Ideal candidate:
• Is detail-oriented and inquisitive
• Has good interpersonal skills
• Enjoys learning new tools and software
• Grasps the goals of each project and has the confidence to ask clarifying questions
• Can adapt to and write in our Intacct voice and tone
• Meets deadlines
• Participates actively in team meetings, offering solutions, ideas, and suggestions
• Enjoys taking on new tasks
It’s a plus if the candidate has:
• Basic accounting or bookkeeping knowledge, or relevant coursework
• Experience with MadCap Flare
||San Jose, CA