Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Landscape Architect - Burnaby B.C.
||Full Time Permanent
||The Alberta Landscape Architecture Studio at ISL Engineering and Land Services. is respected, independent and leading edge with a number of exciting, high-profile projects underway. ISL has a reputation for delivering high level urban projects as well as recreational, institutional, commercial, open space and streetscapes. We handle all aspects of an assignment from site assessment, community visioning, concept development, master planning, presentation materials, environmental impact analysis, detailed contract drawings and contract management. ISL Engineering and Land Services is looking for a Registered Landscape Architect in British Columbia to work in our Burnaby Office. The successful candidate will be an important member of our engineering team and will be expected to establish a landscape architectural discipline within the office. ISL’s clients are primarily municipalities which will provide an introduction to many opportunities. At present, landscape architectural services are provided to all of our B.C. offices from Alberta and this is an opportunity to create a Landscape Architecture Discipline in B.C. to add to our successful Alberta practice. Mentoring will be provided by ISL Alberta Landscape Architects who are registered in B.C.
||• Responsible for creating managing and, conserving environments that are both functional and attractive while to instilling harmony between natural environments, land features, and architectural structures to improve the quality of life in urban and rural environments
• Deliver solutions through excellent graphic capabilities using AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop for client review
• Compile site analysis and/or environmental analysis
• Effectively use your creative problem solving skills to develop plans and details that communicate a range of materials and systems needed to ensure designs are properly constructed
• Oversee designs which preserve the natural ecology of an area and reduce the environmental impact of urban, industrial, recreational and other development
• Supervise the drafting of construction-drawing packages that include grading, planting, irrigation, layout and preparation details
• Complete project costs estimation and develop contract documents and agreements
• Select plant materials, hard surface materials, site furnishings and fixtures, recreational equipment and outdoor lighting
• Inspect project sites to ensure design plans are met
• Coordinate overall team for specific landscape projects
||• Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution
• Minimum of two years’ experience with public and private sectors
• BCSLA Registration
• Ability to market service and develop client relationships
• Possess strong design and technical skills
• Creative and self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple projects
• Excel under deadlines and thrive in an environment created through a rigorous and iterative design process
• Enthusiastic about teamwork and like to be engaged and be a part of a collaborative process.
• Excited to share your ideas and learn from our talented and dynamic team.
• Highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for ISL Engineering and Land Services? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell a Friend.