Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Broadcast Company Name
||SVP, Group Account Director
||GSW Worldwide - Columbus
||Leads the team(s) and director-level clients in all aspects of the client-agency relationship; travels extensively with clients; inVentiv officer tasks as requested. Major responsibilities include: - Strategic planning and consultation with client(s)' brand champion - Present/sell high-quality deliverables - Compliance with client contract and budget - Financial management and reporting - Agency personnel management and development
|Description of Duties
Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge.
- Leads client in identifying and understanding brand barriers and strategic vision in collaboration with account leadership (SVP, insight planner and creative lead); challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand.
- Develops client(s) scope of service or project agreements with account leadership.
- Develops staffing plan and ensures appropriate support of the overall scope with account team leadership, creative services, operations, and finance.
- Establishes and leads cross-functional team in support of client needs; monitors and manages team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services to accounts.
- Oversees and manages all financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to contract/agreements, write-offs, receivables, etc.; ensures that existing new business and cross-selling revenue goals are achieved.
- Partners with creative team lead and planner to execute the creative cube and all strategic initiatives.
- Oversees relationships with other marketing partners of clients, as required.
- Facilitates communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective account management.
- Resolves conflict and celebrates success; sets clear team priorities; explains brand objectives and strategies; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Keeps Sr. Management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities; provides brand review meeting content.
- Provides management direction and developmental support to direct reports in preparation for future positions; provides challenging and stretching assignments; pushes tasks down to empower others; shares ownership and visibility.
- Facilitates agency performance evaluation, development plans, and MBO plans; holds frequent development discussions and address areas requiring improvement.
- Facilitates training support for new client managers who are acclimating to advertising and branding principles, and implementation processes.
- Attends all client's meetings, market research, conventions, and communicates key learning to team and client.
- Actively participates in client presentations, selling and defending the agency's point of view.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of inVentiv solutions and application to all aspects of pharmaceutical marketing, research, and sales; helps ensure that inVentiv cross-selling opportunities are facilitated and revenue goals are achieved.
- Helps lead new business activities and pitches as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of marketing experience or other related disciplines (at least 5 of which in a senior management capacity); or
- Minimum 10 years of agency account service experience with at least 5 years as an account director.
- Must be able to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Experience working on any and all of the following: pharmaceutical brand launch; professional marketing (e.g. direct-to-physician, managed care/healthcare plans, devices, pharmacies, etc.); and consumer marketing (e.g. direct-to-patient, relationship marketing, consumer).
- Specific industry or therapeutic expertise (as required by client).
Key Competencies for Position:
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills: Can develop a clear point of view and tell a meaningful "story"; is effective in a variety of settings and group sizes with clients, peers, subordinates, and bosses; confidently expresses both data/facts, plus more controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group dynamics.
- Brand champion: Demonstrates good creative judgment and understands the elements of breakthrough advertising; provides constructive comments.
||inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
|Amount of Travel