Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||GSW Worldwide - Columbus
||Contributes to the development of brand strategy and account management. Independently manages direct reports and agency team throughout project development and implementation.
|Description of Duties
||• Client relationships (marketing/product managers)
• Brand champion in collaboration with creative team leader
• Supporting strategic and tactical planning, scope execution, and inVentiv cross-servicing opportunities
• Agency personnel management and development.
• Manages client budgets (timely estimate submissions and compliance; prompt revision if required); manages client demands vs. agreed budget.
• Partners with creative services manager and creative team leader to manage and lead the team in all aspects of project development; ensures delivery of breakthrough ideas/work consistent with brand positioning and GSW-W standards (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, on time, and on budget).
• Helps facilitate a strong, cohesive team that is focused on priorities, knowledgeable about client(s)’ products and services; identifies and assists in resolving conflict; celebrates brand/team success.
• Manages team communication (specific to project management).
• Daily client contact and follow-up; identifies and understands client’s challenges as well as tactical needs; properly interprets client feedback; keeps management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities.
• Represents and defends the agency’s point of view; handles objections/appropriately pushes back; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand positioning.
• Helps new client managers acclimate to advertising and branding principles and the implementation processes; ensures timely tactical rollout per scope agreement.
• Understands agency strategic tools (brand arc, creative cube, etc); participates in internal brand strategy discussions; helps develop scope/tactical plans, facilitating inVentiv cross-selling opportunities.
• Provides daily management direction to direct reports (executives and coordinators), including performance reviews, development plans, and MBO plans; distributes the workload thoughtfully; allows people to take ownership for their work.
• Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions, and provides follow-up documentation of key learning.
• Assists in analyzing and summarizing product/market performance, market research data, literature, and competitive promotion for the client and agency team.
• Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge.
||• Minimum 5 years of relevant client experience in marketing or other related disciplines; or
• Minimum 5 years of relevant agency experience; or
• 5 years of account services experience with at least 3 years as an account executive
• Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, as well as disease state and product science, therapeutic market, and competition
• Has understanding of inVentiv capabilities and applications.
• Team management: Demonstrates a clear aptitude for managing/leading people, teams, or projects. Helps create strong morale; fosters open dialog and addresses team issues; defines success in terms of the whole team; spends time and the time of others on what is important; works in a well-organized manner; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
• Client management: Understands how to set client expectations, sell the agency’s position, and appropriately push back on certain client requests; knows the right questions to ask and information required to understand client’s challenges; implements new initiatives.
|Amount of Travel