- Acts as agency expert on assigned products and in therapeutic categories.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of assigned products and therapeutic categories as well as pharmaceutical marketing restrictions/requirements.
- Builds a scientific story that best supports a brand strategy.
- Identifies, in a sea of information, facts that support the brand strategy and/or provide other marketing opportunities.
- Identifies important data points and weaves these into a story that is consistent with product positioning and can command physician interest and increase on-label product utilization.
- Provides guidance for development of compelling graphics, figures, and other visual elements based on original data and/or review articles.
- Shares the writing responsibilities with the Copywriter, focusing primarily on the development of content for clinical tactics.
- Checks all promotional materials for medical accuracy and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Consults with the client/brand managers to help them interpret clinical data.
- Participates in client strategic meetings, war games, market research, and work plan development.
- Demonstrates mastery of manuscript submission process, including referencing and regulatory details of assigned products. (May vary from account to account.)
- Continuously mines medical resources and data for information that might be a threat or become an opportunity for assigned products.
- Is proficient in the use of Medline and is familiar with other online resources such as MD Consult or OncologySTAT.
- Attends medical conventions; gathers and summarizes relevant information pertaining to assigned products and categories.