· Generation of new business opportunities
· Strategic planning and consultation with client(s)’ brand champion
· Present/sell high-quality deliverables
· Financial reporting
· Agency personnel management and development
· inVentiv cross-selling, new business development, and revenue growth—for both new and existing clients.
· Fulfills management duties as a senior member of management.
· Participates in activities to generate the annual business plan for the company.
· Manages profitability and conducts fee negotiations.
· Manages gross income, maximizes profitability, and staff.
· Develops reporting personnel so they are prepared and equipped to move up to the next level of account management (addressing any performance issues).
· Oversees strategic development of agency business.
· Leads client in identifying and understanding brand barriers and strategic vision in collaboration with insight planner and creative lead; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand.
· Obtains new business from existing and prospective accounts.
· Communicates agency policies and significant developments to staff.
· Identifies and manages integrated inVentiv services for the client.
· Partners with creative team lead and planner to execute the creative cube and all strategic initiatives.
· Oversees relationships with other marketing partners of clients, as required.
· Addresses conflict and celebrates success; sets clear team priorities, explains brand objectives and strategies.
· Defines success in terms of the whole team; pushes tasks down to empower others; shares ownership and visibility.
· Keeps executive management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities; presents brand review.
· Facilitates agency performance evaluation, development plans, and MBO plans; holds frequent development discussions.
· Attends all client meetings, market research, conventions, and communicates key learning to team and client; actively participates in selling and defending the agency’s point of view.
· Has comprehensive knowledge of inVentiv solutions and application to all aspects of pharmaceutical marketing, research, and sales; helps ensure that inVentiv cross-selling opportunities are facilitated and revenue goals are achieved.
· Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge.