Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Broadcast Company Name
||Edit and proofread promotional and educational pieces in hard copy and electronic format for assigned accounts and other accounts as needed: single and multiple pages; print, online, interactive products; copy documents, layouts, final art, printer proofs; healthcare provider/physician and patient markets. Incorporate substantive editing, proofreading, and light production editing. Review pieces to ensure suitable, accurate, and/or consistent use of:
· voice, tone, reading level
· capitalization, spelling, punctuation, grammar
· nonbiased language
· references and footnotes
· medical terminology and nomenclature (primarily oncology and immunology)
· AMA and brand styles
· disease state copy, brand information, data, calculations
· fair balance elements (e.g. drug indication, safety information, adverse events, prescribing information)
· copy and visual elements
· trademark copy, copyright information
|Description of Duties
· Verify facts and claims of promotional and educational copy, graphs, figures, charts, tables, schema, algorithms, and other visual elements per sources. Note location (annotation) of support in sources. Discuss queries with medical specialist as needed.
· Assist in editing healthcare copy as needed to an appropriate reading and literacy level for patients to help make it understandable, well defined, and clear.
· Maintain account information in electronic tools: library of key promotional and informational messages, style guides, library of references, chart library.
· Train new account members in use of editing-related electronic tools, such as libraries of references and key promotional and informational messages.
· Attend account team meetings (status, copy review or medical/legal/regulatory review, job kickoffs) as well as editing team and department meetings, as available.
· Occasionally travel to meetings with clients.
· B.A. degree in English, journalism, or writing and/or at least five years of editing and proofreading experience, number of years required dependent on overall editing and proofreading background and subjects edited and proofread.
· Keen eye for noticing copy and visual details and spotting errors.
· Medical, pharmaceutical, scientific, and/or technical background (preferred).
· Ability to assist in editing copy to lower reading level, where necessary, to suit audience.
· Light production editing experience.
· Ability to work with efficiency independently as well as collaboratively with team of creative, account services, production, and editing coworkers in delivering projects.
· Flexibility to prioritize, manage, and complete work with high accuracy in a fast-paced agency setting, where multiple projects often have same-day or same-time deadlines.
· Working knowledge of Word and Excel software; working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat software (familiarity with Drawing Markup and Commenting Tools useful). Knowledge of PowerPoint software and use of Internet.
||inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected status. If you require accommodation due to a disability in order to complete the application process, please contact our EEO Administrator at 781-425-4600 or by email at CorporateHumanResources@inventivhealth.com.
|Amount of Travel
||Less than 25%