Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||inVentiv Canada [GSW Toronto]
||inVentiv Health Canada is part of inVentiv Health, the world’s only company in the healthcare industry with a complete range of commercialization solutions for every stage of the lifecycle. As part of inVentiv Health, we are armed with an expansive network of international and innovative resources. The following brands operate under the inVentiv Health Canada umbrella:
• JSA: Canada’s largest healthcare marketing and communications firm
• GSW Canada: Healthcare marketing and communications firm servicing global clients
• InsightOut: Brand consultancy, strategic planning, facilitation and training
The mood in our organization is decidedly upbeat. In spite of marketplace conditions, we are ramping up. We are experiencing double-digit growth, which enables our focus on hiring and retaining top talent. We work with an environment of respectful collaboration, and one that acknowledges the need for flexibility and a healthy work/life balance. We have fun. Here at inVentiv, we show that you can care about your clients and your employees. One doesn’t have to come at the expense of the other.
|Description of Duties
||We are looking for the best. Our Account Directors provide the leadership that keeps our account teams on track and delivering results, and keeps our clients satisfied and successful. Our A/D’s provide strategic account/brand/relationship management for current clients, and they work on new business opportunities. They play a critical role in developing our junior account staff into future stars. With good A/D’s, anything is possible.
This is a senior position with the potential for taking a leadership role on key agency accounts. You’ll work with industry-leading pharmaceutical marketers and, in some cases, international clients. For the right person, the career potential is unlimited. How do we define the right person? S/he will be committed to a career in healthcare marketing and communications. They will deliver a solid track record of growth and achievement, with the potential not just to succeed in this opportunity, but to grow into agency management. They will bring passion, energy, a can-do attitude, and a hunger to ongoing learning. And they will understand that what they give will be directly linked to what they get.
We do work that matters. Ultimately, our work will enable both healthcare professionals and patients to have a full and complete understanding of the brands and diseases we work on, to allow for improvements in quality of life and better patient outcomes.
||• Leads the account team in the development and execution of client programs.
• Delivers strategic thinking that builds successful brands.
• Builds strong relationships with clients, functioning as a trusted advisor for their business needs.
• Focuses on internal leadership that develops future agency stars, engages and retains staff.
• Works with high professional standards, ethics and values…every day on every project.
Experience / Skills / Competencies
The following criteria are essential for this role:
• 6+ years of work experience, including at least one year in a strategic leadership role. Relevant experience could be advertising (preferably healthcare) or client-side marketing.
• Well versed in digital/social media.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to lead a meeting.
• Consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
These criteria would be assets for the role:
• Pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing experience, including a good network of contacts in pharma marketing.
• Experienced in sourcing, pursuing and securing new business opportunities.
• Extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment.
• Post-secondary degree or certificate program, preferably in science or business.
|Amount of Travel
||Less than 25%