Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Director, Business Development
||GSW Worldwide - Columbus
||Responsible for assigned day-to-day business development initiatives of GSW Worldwide, serving as a primary Business Development lead. Effectively manages pitch teams/projects throughout entire pitch process, from prospecting to closure. Works with central business development team and inServ throughout pitch process. Reports to VP/Business Development.
|Description of Duties
||- Develop and maintain relationships and ongoing communications/business development counsel with GSW Worldwide Presidents/EVPs/SVPs/VPs (as well as inVentiv Health and inVentiv Health Communications contacts).
- Drive/oversee prospecting efforts with leadership in various offices and on various initiatives.
- Drive/own the RFI process as well as research, write, and work with inServ to develop RFI responses as assigned.
- Proactively work with and motivate leadership to assign strong pitch teams, create pitch theses/presentation outlines, and drive the process.
- Manage financial monitoring and reporting for pitches.
- Executes special projects as assigned when needed.
General and Daily Responsibilities:
Develop and maintain relationships and ongoing communications/business development counsel with agency leadership.
• Meet regularly with leadership regarding new business/prospecting opportunities.
• Take a leadership role in New Business meetings, including helping develop agendas, encouraging participation, sharing winning proposals, showcasing new business development tools, and providing updates on RFIs, pipeline opportunities, etc.
• Organize pitch win communications, recognitions, and celebrations.
• Drive and participate in annual business development planning with Chief Marketing Officer and VP/Business Development.
Drive/oversee prospecting efforts with leadership
• Drive prospecting programs done in conjunction with a vendor (such as Cause for Results).
• Work with various leaders on prospecting planning and execution.
• Share new ideas, articles, etc., regarding prospecting with leadership.
Drive/own the RFI process as well as research, write, and work with inServ to develop RFI responses as assigned.
• Work with leadership to gather team-specific information for RFI submissions.
• Own the RFI response process from beginning to end.
• Outline and create the RFI response story and how GSW Worldwide should be positioned, getting the response to final draft form.
Proactively work with and motivate leadership to assign strong pitch teams, create pitch theses/presentation outlines, and drive the process.
• Drives the business development process for pitches.
• Ensures a strong, cohesive pitch team is established with members who are knowledgeable about client(s), pharmaceutical products and services as defined by RFP.
• Understands and supports strategic recommendations and creative executions. Participate in strategy discussions and creative reviews.
• Sends meeting requests and drives action to meet deadlines, as stated on pitch chronology.
• Works with research and media to gather company, product, and competitive intelligence and samples for pitches.
• Creates JRs, and give input for estimates and chronologies for new biz initiatives. Tracks changes on chrons and pitch hours and OOPs throughout pitch process.
Manage financial monitoring and reporting for pitches.
• Review Job Status Reports monthly to assess hours and out-of-pocket expenses deployed on a given pitch.
• Work with leadership to negotiate agreements when involving inVentiv Health sister companies.
• Maintain responsibility for reporting, in collaboration with leadership, with pipeline reports and others.
Manage content assets and content updates to SANT/New Business Closet
• Manage specified pitch information in SANT and New Business Closet.
• Work with client teams via in-person meetings to create brand case studies to be used in RFIs and pitch decks.
• Manage bios and photos for various offices.
Executes special projects as assigned.
• Manage special projects, including but not limited to new content creation, vendor investigation, and other work which will contributed to the overall success of Business Development.
||• At least 7+years of relevant agency experience at account executive or higher level; or 10+years of client marketing/project management experience.
• Experience in working with and providing counsel to senior leadership.
• Strong project management and communication skills.
• Excellent business selling writing skills.
• Working knowledge for creating PowerPoint presentations.
• Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical and/or consumer marketing and sales.
• Must be able to travel, approximately 25-40%.
Key Competencies for Position:
• Team Management: Creates strong morale and spirit within the team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialog; lets people take ownership for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team.
• Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of personalities; can get the best out of people; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; is someone people like working for and with.
• Project Management: Establishes clear directions; sets stretching objectives; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialog with others on work and results; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, manages time and projects to meet deadlines.
• Communication: Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; fosters open communication among pitch team.
• Advocacy: Strongly advocates the standards and expectations set by the Central Business Development team.
• Presentation development: can concept and compose presentations to tell a story, with each slide making a point both verbally and visually. Has working knowledge of PowerPoint as well as basic layout and photo skills.
• Financial Management: Tracks projects at the pitch level to control EBIT; works with team to manage costs to pitch estimate.
|Amount of Travel