Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||iQ is the innovation lab of GSW Worldwide. In this lab we start with one fundamental question. How can we solve healthcare marketing challenges? We do this by asking “what if”. We then form perspectives on how to solve these problems. This leads to prototypes and ultimately products that our clients want and use to enhance brand experiences. The tools and apps developed here have the potential to, and already have proven to accelerate change in our marketplace leading to dramatic improvements in people's lives.
This Columbus-based innovation team is the hub for our development efforts. The innovation team includes strategists, marketers, designers, analysts, and business people. It’s a highly creative environment that rewards entrepreneurial thinking and continuous improvement of ideas and approaches. This role provides an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and growing new business.
||Director, Service and Support/QA
||GSW Worldwide - Columbus
||Reporting to the VP of Product Development at the Innovation Lab of GSW-W, the Director of Customer Service and Quality Assurance will be responsible for leading the development Customer Service and QA best practices, while solving existing platform issues, bugs and other on-going software usability concerns. This individual will be responsible for helping people inside and outside the Innovation Lab create and iterate Service and Support QA requirements, testing scenarios, and assist with product and process documentation. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of software as a service quality control processes - testing, verifying, double checking and also a passion for customer satisfaction. The person will have a demonstrated ability and experience in spotting software bugs, identifying route causes, effectively prioritize severity levels and eliminating bugs. He/she will also be responsible for documentation of new products, uses cases and processes and should understand (and contribute to) the full product life cycle. In addition, this person will be responsible for scaling the Customer Service and Support / QA organization and have managerial capabilities to develop and drive a QA organization as the business grows. This individual should have a passion for continuous process improvement and customer satisfaction.
|Description of Duties
||• Lead the assurance of product quality through hands-on work and collaboration with QC, project management, developers and proofreading teams
• Collaborate with engineers in the build and maintenance of software test and development environments
• Work in project teams to support the delivery and documentation of new products
• Create use cases, testing scenarios and other essential tools and communications
• Document issues, disparities and other areas for improvement
• Work with non-technical business leads to create product requirements, document enhancement requests and support the planning of future product development.
• Participate in the development of process improvements and best practices
• Contribute to knowledge base and training programs, development, etc.
• Be an active member of our global innovation team
• Occasionally take a really late phone call from a place that would be more fun to visit
Short Term Deliverables
• Help solve immediate high severity bugs and usability issues.
• Develop a scalable WW service and support structure through internal (inVentiv) or external partners.
• Design and document QA and Customer Service/Support Processes and Practices.
• Establish a rigorous, disciplined approach to building the knowledge foundation that gives the Innovation and Product Marketing teams credibility as a true customer satisfaction focused organization.
o Develop a customer sat plan and processes to support monitoring/tracking, and reporting back
o Identify development or design opportunities to continuously improve customer satisfaction of GSW products and services.
• Evaluate and propose organizational construct to support future growth (could include out sourced services)
• Work with cross-functional teams to drive efficient; decision making, future product development and go to market planning.
||• Service and support organizational design or management experience
• Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
• Ability to adapt quickly to an ever changing environment.
• Three(+) years experience as a developer.
• Two(+) years experience with ASP.NET/C# (MVC experience strongly desired).
• One(+) years working with SQL Server 2005/2008 required.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming/design patterns.
• Deep knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008/2010, C#, ASP.NET, WCF Web Services, and ADO.NET/LINQ to SQL/Entity Framework.
• Experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) w/ ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008 stored procedures.
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional client relationship skills.
• Ability to lead and mentor other developers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to translate technical issues for non-technical audiences
• Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving ability
Minimum Education Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, information technology, software engineering, etc.), or at least 4 years experience
• Product development team
• Design and usability team
• Marketing communications
• Product marketing
• Client Innovation Teams
|Amount of Travel