- Leads client in identifying and understanding brand barriers and strategic vision in collaboration with creative leadership; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand.
- Develops client(s) scope of service or project agreements with account leadership.
- Develops staffing plan and ensures appropriate support of the overall scope with account team leadership, creative services, operations, and finance.
- Establishes and leads cross-functional team in support of client needs; monitors and manages team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services to accounts.
- Oversees and manages all financial aspects of client relationship including compliance to contract/agreements, write-offs, receivables, etc.; ensures that existing new business and cross-selling revenue goals are achieved.
- Partners with creative team lead and planner to execute the creative cube and all strategic initiatives.
- Oversees relationships with other marketing partners of clients, as required.
- Facilitates communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective account management.
- Resolves conflict and celebrates success; sets clear team priorities; explains brand objectives and strategies; defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Keeps Sr. Management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities; provides brand review meeting content.
- Provides management direction and developmental support to direct reports in preparation for future positions; provides challenging and stretching assignments; pushes tasks down to empower others; shares ownership and visibility.
- Facilitates agency performance evaluation, development plans, and MBO plans; holds frequent development discussions and address areas requiring improvement.
- Facilitates training support for new client managers who are acclimating to advertising and branding principles, and implementation processes.
- Attends all client's meetings, market research, conventions, and communicates key learning to team and client.
- Actively participates in client presentations, selling and defending the agency's point of view.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of inVentiv solutions and application to all aspects of pharmaceutical marketing, research, and sales; helps ensure that inVentiv cross-selling opportunities are facilitated and revenue goals are achieved.
- Helps lead new business activities and pitches as requested.Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge