Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||The Medical Director ensures clinical relevancy/accuracy for all healthcare related communications vehicles for the company. This position works closely with the Account and Screative teams to ensure the medical/scientific integrity of all materials. The position is also responsible for Medical staffing and assisting in business development and financial management.
|Description of Duties
- Management responsibility for Medical services ensuring that accurate and strategic scientific and clinical information is provided to internal account/creative teams, as well as external clients
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals, key opinion leaders, clients, and other marketing/agency professionals to establish a strategic association between the science and appropriate positioning/marketing of a brand or service
- Develop and support scientific/clinical educational offerings to maintain an up-to-date staff
- Develops solid working relationships with medical community and is able to leverage these relationships to expand business opportunities
- Understands the roles of each functional area within the company and provides appropriate medical and strategic oversight and/or staff, in order to deliver the best work possible
- Develops direct reports so that they are prepared and equipped for increasing levels of responsibility; addresses personnel issues promptly, fully, and within proper guidelines
- Assists staff in creating appropriate career development plans and provides guidance, direction, and support for their career growth
- Helps support new business activities and pitches as needed
- Actively embraces, promotes, and educates personnel regarding the company’s values, the role of medical services and their roles in helping achieve overall business objectives
- Collaborates with leadership to ensure financial and business objectives are met
- Position requires some travel.
- Advanced degree required: MS, MD, DO, PharmD, or PhD or other professional degree with relevant healthcare experience preferred
- At least 10+ years previous experience in the pharmaceutical/medical/science industry
- Significant experience working in Oncology/Immunology/Hematology space is required
- Must be able to provide scientific and medical expertise across a broad range of therapeutic categories
- Ability to communicate technical/medical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Must be able to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- Must be able to create partnerships with peers from other inVentiv Health partners and departments (eg, medical, account, analytics, etc) on client’s businesses to create strategic vision
- Ability to manage and develop staff, lead a team, and collaboratively work on medical/scientific strategy and content development
- Problem Solving: Uses logic and established methods to research, and retrieve critical data; is excellent at honest analysis; probes all sources for answers; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Command Skills: Takes charge in challenging situations; does whatever it takes to get the job done despite resistance; takes unpopular stands if necessary; is looked to for direction in a crisis; is looked to as a leader
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, subordinates, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation
- Leadership Skills: Leads by example and approaches the director role as a pivotal role in helping the organization reach its potential, thus demonstrating an organizational view of work vs an individual view. Acts with a high level of professionalism, integrity, and unquestionable ethics at all times
- Team management: Creates strong morale and spirit within the team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialog; fosters ownership for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team
- Effectiveness with top management: Can deal comfortably with senior executives; understands how executives think and process; can determine the best way to get things done with executives by speaking their language and responding to their needs
||inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
|Amount of Travel