Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VP, Product Marketing
||GSW Worldwide - Columbus
||Digital Operations - Technology
||Reporting to the EVP – Innovation and Product Marketing at GSW-W.
The Director, Product Marketing will help define the innovation strategy, product roadmaps and marketing communications for the program. This role provides strategic thinking and product marketing leadership to ensure high velocity product development and effective launches into the marketplace that enable and sustain winning market positions. This includes defining effective launch programs, in market support and improvement processes that lead to differentiated product experiences and customer satisfaction.
|Description of Duties
||• Manage strategic interaction with functional peers and management of GSW-W and as needed InVentiv Communications.
• Define team agenda to achieve the vision and provide leadership to establish winning product/service portfolios for target audiences / markets.
• Refine and execute the process to evaluate market trends, new technologies, the competitive environment, develop customer / consumer insights, and ideate which lead to clear market opportunities and new business growth.
• Responsible for leading and overseeing prototype, product and roadmap development for GSW-W.
• Create extended multi-generational product planning capability with feature, function, technology, and quality requirements based on consumer/customer insight and competitive opportunity.
• Facilitate product marketing discussions including launch plans, channel marketing strategies, pricing framework, sales tools, marketing communications, CRM and other implementation programs including field-based training.
• Works with VP of Development to create market and technology views 2 to 3 years out. Partners closely with development team and business research resources. Ensures the market data and research is available to support the long-term market views.
• Works with developers to articulate viable, large business opportunities formed by the intersections of market evolution and technology development vectors. Drives the product roadmap process with the development team to secure investment and commitment required to realize some of these opportunities.
• Helps to secure funding for products and services that will result in winning positions in their target markets by developing a strong business case (Pro-forma P&L).
• Ensures consistency and quality standards of the team’s work with commercialization teams to articulate critical user needs and manage feature and capability tradeoffs during the development cycle.
• Sets strategy for core marketing elements to support new products in the Go To Market process (target markets, value props, positioning, channels, pricing….).
• Develop launch plans and set goals and expectations for respective teams (anyone selling or marketing iQ products and services).
• Work with client teams, new business development teams and inVentiv Health agencies to ensure go-to-market and channel readiness.
• Establish a rigorous, disciplined approach to building the knowledge foundation that gives the product marketing team credibility as the market and customer experts. Is viewed as a leader in strategic marketing decision making.
||• Ability to provide strategic marketing leadership to make sound platform investment decisions that will deliver sustained competitive advantage.
• Ability to balance agile development with enough process to drive individual product commercialization decisions and efficient product development. Is able to make tough decisions when circumstances affecting product development change.
• Ability to create and communicate a shared vision owned by the managers and individual contributors; Building a sense of urgency to drive the business toward future success and increased shareholder value
• Uses financial and market information effectively to monitor/evaluate and influence performance.
• Demonstrated analytical rigor
• Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people to achieve desired results
• This person must have excellent presentation and communications skills to effectively communicate with multiple and varied functional groups.
• Individual contributor or management level product development experience.
• Marketing communications
• Experience with product generation processes, commercialization phases/gates, design, and technology platforms.
• Product marketing experience with strong product innovation experience and proven ability to bring consumer experiences to market.
• Minimum education requirements include a BS, preferably MS/MA or MBA.
• Healthcare or pharmaceutical sales or marketing experience is a plus.
• Developer team
• Research – InVentiv Media
• Mar Com - InServ
• Client Innovation Teams
|Amount of Travel