||#2012-981 External Assessors
||Humber’s Planning and Development Office requires a number of external assessors as part of the college’s academic quality assurance process. External assessors review program documents, participate in a one-day site visit on campus, and prepare a short report with recommendations for strengthening or improving a program of study. External assessors are required for the following program areas:
• Business (Law Firm Office Administration, eBusiness Marketing)
• Applied Technology (Urban Arboriculture, Electromechanical Engineering Technology)
• Health Sciences (Early Childhood Education, Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs, Emergency Telecommunications)
• Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism (Massage Therapy, Hospitality Tourism Operations Management)
• Media Studies & Information Technology (Advertising Copywriting, Computer Programmer)
• Liberal Arts & Sciences (English for Academic Purposes)
||An external assessor must be either an industry expert with a minimum of seven years of experience, or an academic teaching or researching in the field. An external assessor must not be affiliated with Humber College by being a student or graduate of the college, a member of an Advisory Committee, or a former or current faculty member for the past seven years.
||Duration of Need: Assessors will be needed between December 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013
||Planning & Development
||Associate Dean or Designate
||Humber Lakeshore Campus
Humber North Campus
||External Assessors are provided with a $1,000 honorarium
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Humber is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment. This document is available in alternate format on request.
All candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to HR Services by applying online at www.humber.ca/careers.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Recruitment Coordinator will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
Humber North Campus | Humber Lakeshore Campus | Humber Orangeville Campus | 416.675.3111 | email@example.com