||#2012-981 External Assessors
||Humber’s Planning and Development Office requires a number of external assessors as part of the college’s academic quality assurance process. External assessors review program documents, participate in a one-day site visit on campus, and prepare a short report with recommendations for strengthening or improving a program of study. External assessors are required for the following program areas:
• Business (Law Firm Office Administration, eBusiness Marketing)
• Applied Technology (Urban Arboriculture, Electromechanical Engineering Technology)
• Health Sciences (Early Childhood Education, Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs, Emergency Telecommunications)
• Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism (Massage Therapy, Hospitality Tourism Operations Management)
• Media Studies & Information Technology (Advertising Copywriting, Computer Programmer)
• Liberal Arts & Sciences (English for Academic Purposes)
||An external assessor must be either an industry expert with a minimum of seven years of experience, or an academic teaching or researching in the field. An external assessor must not be affiliated with Humber College by being a student or graduate of the college, a member of an Advisory Committee, or a former or current faculty member for the past seven years.
||Duration of Need: Assessors will be needed between December 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013
||Planning & Development
||Associate Dean or Designate
||Humber Lakeshore Campus
Humber North Campus
||External Assessors are provided with a $1,000 honorarium
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Humber is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment. This document is available in alternate format on request.
All candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to HR Services by applying online at www.humber.ca/careers.
Humber College is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please call 416.675.6622 ext. 4393.
Humber North Campus | Humber Lakeshore Campus | Humber Orangeville Campus | 416.675.3111 | firstname.lastname@example.org