||IT Solutions Specialist (IT Helpdesk)
What to Expect as an IT Solution Specialist?
As a IT Solution Specialist , you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and system support to all departments within the organization. They will educate the user on basic applications with basic training and support as needed. They are also responsible for all aspects of end-user equipment including; maintaining and improving the operating system, application software imaging, packaging and deployment processes, hardware standards and lifecycle management.
- Provide excellent customer service and system support to all departments within the organization.
- Monitor problem ticket system and interact with staff to provide progress updates and closure notifications.
- Installation, troubleshooting and support of Windows 7 and Macintosh operating systems.
- Installation, troubleshooting and support of Office 2003/2010, including Project and Visio.
- Troubleshooting and support of Cisco phone and unified messaging system.
- Manage Windows and Mac desktop build and deployment.
- Provide end user training as required.
- Create and maintain documentation for standard desktop hardware installation, client configuration and support procedures to ensure standardization, proper installation, integration and continued operation of client desktop technologies
- Create scripts, batch files or other programs to customize software deployment, test application packages and document results.
- Develop, implement and maintain client operating system images and applications.
- Leverage Active Directory to manage configuration and security settings
- Customize retail and in-house applications into a format for mass distribution.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the successful operation of the internal corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of imaging and package management tools.Perform monitoring of all TTC corporate applications, network and other related devices that are used to support our environment.
- Ensure strong security is in place at all times, including the installation of security patches, the correct configurations of web servers and application servers and ensure security is inherent in all builds from the ground up.
- Ensure that all tickets are properly documented, prioritized and completed
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of internal information systems; help evolve system features, functionality and usability to support company requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Intimate knowledge of Windows and Macintosh based desktop operating systems.
- Experience in developing images and software packages
- Experience with Sophos Safe Guard Enterprise Encryption.
- Experience with Cisco phone and unified messaging systems
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory including group policy.
- Strong OS and application scripting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Education: MCSE, Bachelor’s degree in a related field would be an asset. A+ hardware certification an asset.
- Experience: At least 2 years a directly related position providing the function as outlined in the job description.