What to Expect as an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
As an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist you will provide general administrative support to all areas of the Company as well as Reception coverage. With the variety of duties, the nature of the position is flexible with changing priorities and may require a need to shift from task to task quickly. The Administration Assistant/Receptionist is also responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the entire reception area. Contact with a wide variety of people is significant.
- Answer incoming calls, handle routine inquiries and forward callers as appropriate
- Greet clients and visitors at the office
- Provide administrative support to all groups within the Company
- Acts as travel coordinator for the Company
- Reviews Employee expense reports for validity prior to submitting for approval
- Sort and route mail,
- Maintain the employee vacation request binder, the employee phone
- Maintain the office employees telephone list
- Ensures the kitchen facilities are stocked appropriately
- Facilitates incoming and outgoing couriers
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Provide support to Finance for the collections process
- Execute the introduction of new employees to the Company
- Provide support for special projects as requested
- Collaborate with sales representatives to analyze clients’ business requirements and develop the best service solution for clients.
- Education: high school required, plus office skills courses including administration and computer skills. A diploma in Office or
- Business Administration is preferred.
- Experience: minimum of 2 years’ experience as an administrative assistant in an office with similar volume.
- Strong data entry and administration skills
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Demonstrated high level of service.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to complete multi-step tasks to completion with minimal supervision.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.