Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview :
Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
The Globe and Mail Inc. is dedicated to equity in the workplace. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by The Globe and Mail regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Please quote the posting code 2013-049 in your application.
|Branch/Location Office :
||Toronto Head Office
|Job ID :
|Position Overview :
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Reporting, the General Account’s main responsibility is the preparation and reporting of monthly financial information.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis on a monthly basis. Including the investigation, follow-up, and resolution of all reconciling or unusual items.
- Identify key issues and significant variances as a result of the monthly analysis.
- Coordinate the month end close while working with departments and Financial Analysts.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly calculations and journal entries as required.
- Review and post journal entries prepared by other departments.
- Responsible for the adherence to procedural controls to ensure effective and efficient recording of financial information in the accounting records.
- Assist in the annual audit preparation.
- Assist in the preparation of tax filings.
- Complete Ad hoc projects as required.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with related departments to foster accounting and reporting liaison roles.
- CGA/CMA designation or near completion.
- 3-4 years working knowledge in financial accounting and reporting.
- Understanding of ASPE.
- Self-motivated, team player, and ability to work independently.
- Proactive individual with the ability to effectively meet deadlines and operate in an evolving high paced environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Highly developed attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate with non-financial departments.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset
|Functional Area :
|Job Status :
||Full Time Regular