Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview :
||Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
|Branch/Location Office :
||444 Front St. West
||Manager, Procurement & Vendor Relations
|Job ID :
|Position Overview :
||The Manager, Procurement & Vendor Relations will provide hands on procurement services for the Corporation. These services include needs assessment of client groups and assignment and prioritizing of work flow within the department, facilitating market research, purchasing of required goods/services, input for specification/contract development, administration of the RFP/RFI processes and maintenance of contract database.
- Provides purchasing support and guidance to the organization.
- Liaison with the client groups of the to provide direction relating to contract development, procurement process, execution and implementation of identified purchasing programs
- Provide support and direction to staff on day to day issues, prioritize work flow, execution and implementation of identified purchasing programs
- Mentor staff and provides support and identifies and facilitates development opportunities
- Ensures procurement policies and procedures are followed by staff and client groups
- Prioritize contract renewal process to meet client’s operational needs.
- Determination of procurement process to follow (tendering, contract extension, contract termination, etc.).
- Undertake negotiations for contract extensions.
- Market research for products and potential bidders.
- Preparation and approval of contract documents for release to market.
- Coordination of bid process; analysis of bid submissions and award recommendation.
- Obtain approval for award and prepare award report.
- Contract execution and implementation.
- Responsible to ensure all databases are maintain/monitor for tracking of service contracts to ensure timely renewal of all contracts.
- Creation and execution of the contract amendment process.
- Maintenance of Contract Templates.
- Vendor Performance-monitoring and management
- Attend to legal issues relating to contract disputes, cancellations and template development and maintenance; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- PMAC Enrolment, Diploma in Supply Chain Management;
- PMAC designation and Business Related Degree an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years bidding experience; 7 to 10 years preferred
- Understanding of contract law and corporate governance requirements;
- Demonstrated negotiation skills;
- Ability to develop contracts (i.e. development of specifications, bidding packages, etc.);
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service;
- Ability to work productively independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to creatively think and problem solve; and
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
|Functional Area :
|Job Status :
||Full Time Regular