Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview :
||Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
|Job ID :
|Position Overview :
||Reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Reporting, the General Accountant’s main responsibility is the preparation and reporting of monthly financial information.
• Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis on a monthly basis. Including the investigation, follow-up, and resolution of all reconciling or unusual items.
• Identify key issues and significant variances as a result of the monthly analysis.
• Work with operational departments to distinguish between capital and operating expenditures based on the Capital Asset Policy.
• Input fixed asset acquisitions into the SAP system.
• Perform depreciation reasonability calculations.
• In conjunction with operational staff, perform reviews of assets for write off or possible impairment.
• Work with Financial Analysts to compare actual capital spend versus budgeted capital spend.
• Coordinate the month end close while working with departments and Financial Analysts.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly calculations and journal entries as required.
• Review and post journal entries prepared by other departments.
• Responsible for the adherence to procedural controls to ensure effective and efficient recording of financial information in the accounting records.
• Assist in the annual audit preparation.
• Complete Ad hoc projects as required.
• Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with related departments to foster accounting and reporting liaison roles.
||• CGA/CMA designation or near completion.
• 3-4 years working knowledge in financial accounting and reporting.
• Understanding of ASPE.
• Self-motivated, team player, and ability to work independently.
• Proactive individual with the ability to effectively meet deadlines and operate in an evolving high paced environment with changing demands and priorities.
• Highly developed attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organization skills.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate with non-financial departments.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with SAP is considered an asset
|Functional Area :
|Date Added :