Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview :
||Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
|Branch/Location Office :
||444 Front Street West
|Job ID :
|Position Overview :
||Solution Developer reports to Development Manager. The successful candidate will work within an agile team to design, develop, build, and test an integrated solution which meets business needs and technical and quality requirement of Globe within timely manner.
The key functional responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work with business owners to define and clarify requirements. As needed, provide technical relationship management to third party vendors, ensuring functional and non-functional requirements are met.
2. Develop integrated solutions to support business requirements, complete with unit tests
3. Communicate with other members of agile teams, conduct code reviews and provide technical leadership
4. Conduct code reviews, create documentation, participate in the testing cycle, prepare promotion documents
5. Provide second-tier support where necessary in resolving issues throughout the whole application life cycle from development, QA to production
6. Monitor, maintain and improve existing software
• More than 3 years’ experience with Java and J2SE technology
• Strong Oracle development skills with PL/SQL, stored procedure
• Good skills with Java technologies like JMS, JDBC, Servlet, JSP,
• Good understanding with CMS
• Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., IntelliJ, Eclipse).
• Experience with Cassandra, HornetQ, Solr is highly desirable.
• Experience with WebLogic administration (e.g, JDBC/JMS configuration, deployment, monitoring) is highly desirable.
• Experience with use Maven to build Java application is highly desirable.
|Job Status :
||Full Time Regular
|Date Added :