Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview :
||Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
||Team Lead - System Applications
|Job ID :
|Position Overview :
||We are looking for a Team Lead for our Web Operations Team. This individual is someone who has been involved in the maintenance and support of a large scale website and mobile applications. Primarily responsible for website deployments, availability/uptime and support. This person is proactive in nature and forward thinking with a view towards constant improvement. Must have experience in working with multiple vendors and internal teams to be able to get or influence the best digital solutions for the company.
||The successful candidate will lead a technology team responsible for the overall system management, operations, ongoing maintenance and support of a large-scale online infrastructure. He/she will be responsible for coordinating team activities/projects; ensuring deadlines are met; acting as a point of contact for internal customers for incident management, process improvement and requirement gathering. The candidate will also provide technical assistance and consultation as required to all areas of the company, including Project Management, Digital, Editorial, Quality Assurance, Development and others as needed.
1. Lead operational support activities within the online environments, including capacity planning, software integration, OS and software performance tuning and monitoring
2. Liaise with business partner leaders to foster positive relationships, improve efficiencies and deliver stellar IT solutions and services
3. Provide technical supervision of Systems Application staff’s daily activities and project tasks. Foster collaborative problem solving approach, make decisions that lead toward closure and intervene when necessary to aid the team in resolving issues.
4. Participate in the early stages of digital projects (new, upgrades etc) to ensure best practices and operational functionality are considered. Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based infrastructure designs.
5. Act as point of escalation for system application issues, interfacing with required resources to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
6. Liaise with development team to ensure code promotions, upgrades, migrations and product launches are executed within corporate change control standards.
7. Collaborate with enterprise and solution architects to define technology roadmaps
8. Participate in capital and operational planning/expenditures within the IT infrastructure portfolio.
9. Document system configuration, process, workflow and issue resolution as needed
||- University degree or 6 years experience in an equivalent role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor direct reports
Must have knowledge of:
- Varnish or other caching technology
- F5 or other hardware load balancer
- Java application server - (Weblogic/Tomcat/Resin or other)
- Virtualization technology (VMware or other)
- Unix Administration skills - OS installation, patching, user management
- Puppet and/or Cobbler automation tools
- Nagios or other monitoring solution
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge on:
- Akamai or other CDN
- Amazon Web Services
- JMS technology (operational set up knowledge)
- Video technology integration to web and mobile applications
Already functioning as a team lead in a similar role is an asset.
|Functional Area :
|Job Status :
||Full Time Regular
|Date Added :